YOUNG LEADERS! This is for you!
Rules & Guidelines
No application is required. Contest is open to Young Leaders and Emerging Leaders aged 16-30.
- Each essay must include a cover page with the following information:
- Phone number
- Topic selected and 200-word abstract of the essay. Topics are outlined below.
- BWOPA chapter
- Age and grade level if still in school or college
- Essay should be of no fewer that 800 words and no more than a 1,200 words.
- Essays should be typed using 12-point Arial font and double-spaced.
- One entry per person.
- Essay must be original and solely the work of the entrant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Employees of the BWOPA/TILE its board of directors and their immediate family members are not eligible for this contest. Past first place winners are not eligible for this contest.
- All entries become the property of the BWOPA/TILE and will not be returned.
- Winners, finalists, semifinalists and all other participants will be notified via e-mail October 15, 2014.
- Contest winners agree to allow the BWOPA/TILE to post their names on any of its affiliated websites. The winning first place essay may be posted in its entirety on any of these websites with full credit given to the author.
- Winners must be able to attend the BWOPA/TILE Scholarship Awards Luncheon on November 1, 2014, in Emeryville, California.
- Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
Essay topics are listed below. Judges will look for writing that is clear, articulate and logically organized. Winning essays must demonstrate outstanding philosophic grasp of the chosen subject, innovation, and relevance.
Chapter presidents (or their selected review committee) will choose a winner from the submitted essays within each age group. The chapter president will notify the winner by October 1st via entrant’s emails. There can only be one chapter winner from each group. Decisions of the judges are final.
- Submit your essay to BWOPA chapter president via email. Email addresses can be found by following this link.
- Deadline for essay submission is midnight on October 1, 2014. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- For questions or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.